Saturday, April 21, 2012

National Poetry Month: The Devil in the Dark


The Devil in the Dark

I never meant the conversation to go where it did,
I was too caught up in it to stop,
and in the end, I had to leave
with the last shreds of my dignity.
Why do I ever talk to Kirk and McCoy
when they’re in such a good mood?



-Noelle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Devil in the Dark
(from the point of view of the horta)


I may look scary, 
I may kill your crew,
but it's not my fault, i'm telling you,
you're near my eggs, my children,
what you did was dangerous to them,
what I did was all I could,
and if it were you, I'm sure you'd agree,
that it's also what you would have done.


-Joie

Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One (Remastered Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment