Sunday, April 8, 2012

National Poetry Month: Mudd's Women

Mudd's Women
(from the point of view of Eve)

Pills to make me beautiful,
so I could marry a miner and get rich as quick as 'I do.'
The other girls, they told me, not to back out...
But I couldn't help it,
it wasn't me,
though I went along with it anyway.
I got married on that mine planet,
but not for riches,
in the end.

-Joie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Mudd’s Women

Hello, my name is Harry Mudd,
if you have a problem, I'll help!
Want to be beautiful, rich; and live far away
from this planet of yours?
Well I've got a ship so hop right in!

My name is James T. Kirk
Captain of the Starship Enterprise
and I don’t trust you, Mr… ‘Leo Walsh’?
You or your women.

My human name is Spock
and I have observed that something is going on.
Something to do with magical women and Harry Mudd.
And all our lithium crystals are broken
so we are off… we have not yet reached the bottom of this mystery.

My name is Eve
and I once wanted to be beautiful and rich 
and live far away from my miserable planet.
I said I would do anything so Mr. Mudd helped me.
Now I am not so sure...

-Noelle



Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One (Remastered Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment