Saturday, April 21, 2012

National Poetry Month: This Side of Paradise


This Side of Paradise
(from the point of view of Spock)

It was the plants that made me love her,
that made you go quite mad,
made you want to stay,
never go,
it was the plants that made me love her,
though that statement sounds quite mad,
but at least that day did one thing good,
it was the best day she ever had.

-Joie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This Side of Paradise: (or Kirk’s Fear)

They have all left me.
Each and every one.
Spock left me.
McCoy left me.
My crew left me.
Now they are down on that cursed planet
doped up on spores
infernally happy
and none of them care.
I am alone.

-Noelle

Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One (Remastered Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment